Bible Verse of the Day

The enemy called ALTERNATIVES!

Friday, June 12, 2009


After this a lot of his disciples left. They no longer wanted to be associated with him. Then Jesus gave the Twelve their chance: "Do you also want to leave?"
Peter replied, "Master, to whom would we go? You have the words of real life, eternal life. We've already committed ourselves, confident that you are the Holy One of God."
John 6: 66- 69 (The Message)

I am particularly excited to be at this phase of my life and I must tell you I’m enjoying everything God is revealing to me every waking moment. Got up this morning with a thought on the word “ALTERNATIVES”. As soon as I started searching my mind for what this would mean, I soon realized that God wanted me to tell someone that “He (God) will still do what He has promised only if we bury our fall backs”. Fall backs here means things we think of falling back on if His promises does not go through as we expect.
Haa! This word hit me quickly and I realized just as I’m typing this that God was trying to pass across a message to me on a particular issue of my life.
Hmm, An alternative is something different from, and able to serve as a substitute for, something else. It also simply means to be between two opinions. To be here, but still be there with the other eye, JUST IN CASE. To be double-minded. Elijah got fed up with the nonchalant attitude of the people of Israel that he cried in 1 Kings 18:21, And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long will you between two opinions? if the Lord be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
Friend, I put this question to your face, how long will continue to eye your alternative(s) and at the same time still be praying to God for that breakthrough?
· I mean how long will you continue to threaten God with your backsliding attempt if He does not answer your prayers by the deadline you’ve given Him?
· I mean how long will you keep your eye on breaking your commitment to your spouse because you’ve waited so long for the fruit of the womb and both of you are aging?
· How long will you jobseeker think of doing it the world’s way by reducing your age and getting involved in some other things just to boost your qualification for that job?
· How long have you chosen to enjoy life and live promiscuously at the detriment of losing your own soul and eternity?
· How long will you my professional colleagues do it the crooked way of the world and think you’ll always get away with it?
How long…….?
Peter answered Jesus when He gave them the blank cheque of leaving Him when many disciples left too. But in the scripture above, Peter said, “Master, to whom would we go? You have the words of real life, eternal life. We've already committed ourselves…”
This scripture literally tore my head open this morning as I read this fascinating version of The Message Bible. We’ve already committed ourselves! We’ve already burnt the bridge! We’ve already counted the cost! We’re already made up….and no going back!
I remember that old salvation song, “I have decided to follow Jesus 3ce. No turning back, No turning back…..! Have you?
Until your commitment to Christ reaches the level where you’ll say if I perish, I perish (like Esther) or We rather burn than to bow to other gods (like the 3 Hebrew boys) or Woe is me if I preach not the goepel (like Paul). Then, your faith and trust in Him is still questionable.
Why you must bury your alternatives?
- It makes you unstable and to doubt God. James 1:8
- It makes the devil suggest evil to you because you are not made up when you still have alternatives.
- It makes it impossible to receive from God but you are not acting in faith.
- It “incapacitates” God from helping you.
What to do;
- Confess boldly your commitment to God.
- Feed yourself with the truth of God’s word ONLY (What is written and the revealed truth on the Bible)
- Still give God the glory no matter what is happening. (What is happening is temporal, what is written is permanent.
Shall we pray:
Lord, I choose to bury all the alternatives (name them) stopping me from trusting you. Amen
Remember, He (God) will still do what He has promised only if we bury our fall backs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment