Bible Verse of the Day

LOVE at its best

Saturday, February 14, 2009



If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

ICorinthians 1:1-13 (NIV)

In the mood of the Valentine season, I want to say a special "Thank You" to everyone who believes in me and in what I what I do- to the members of "Job vacancies in Nigeria" group on facebook, where I post job alerts in Nigeria from time to time.
To those who have visited this blog at one time or the other and will still visit, I'm grateful for your love and care.
I want to specially dedicate this post to all those who have the genuine love of God in them and to a lovely friend and sister that is a year older today. May the Lord Bless you real good.

What more will I say? Love! Love!! Love!!! The scripture above compares love with some other virtues like faith and hope but it says love is the greatest. Please take time to go through the scripture again- it is refreshing.

Although, many lovers or people in love today have given the global financial meltdown as an excuse for not being able to give gifts... you know what I'm talking about?

But one thing to note is that when you truly love, you'll go out of your way to please the loved. God loves us so much that he gave His very best- Jesus Christ. What is your very best? I think the best that we all possess is our very life or heart.

And that's what God requires of us... to receive His best gift of love so that we could gain eternal life. Why not use this Valentine to yield your life or sow your life as a seed to please God.

Come to think of it, after your toiling and labors in this world, you will not be fair to yourself if you lose your soul.
Accept God's love today and make Jesus your Lord. He loves you more than you could ever know. God demonstrated His love through the death and resurrection of Christ... will you allow His death to be of no effect?

I know it may not be a popular post on a day like this, but if you really want to know what true love is, taste Jesus and you'll see that His personality is God's love at its best.

I truly luv u!

Drop ur comments at www.atolase.blogspot.com

Posted by Unknown at 8:16 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment